Saturday, March 26, 2011

Washington DC, We Love You!

A trip to DC wouldn't be complete without a picture of the Washington monument. Thank you George!


We made the most out of our little room. It was quaintly located in a sweet neighborhood in the city. After asking the locals, we found some great restaurants. We had a great experience at a little Tai place. We all loved it. I love finding little hole-in-the-wall places that are way better then the chain food fair! I am giddy just writing about this a year later!



Waiting in line for a ticket to the Mint. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let us take a stack of money home as a souvenir! We tried!
We did not get any pictures of it, but we did take the kids to the Holocaust museum. The tour guide was a survivor of the Holocaust. Prior to going, we read a Surviving Hitler, an account of a Polish boy during WWII. It was deeply touching. I highly recommend the book and the museum. The kids got so much out of it.

No comments: