Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Nephew Stephen


This is our nephew Stephen. This picture was taken last Christmas, about 2 weeks prior to his untimely death. Stephen was a compassionate young man who loved family and participated in all the family celebrations that we had in Albuquerque. He played with all his cousins. He was generous to his entire family. With Bill and I in particular, we could always find Stephen around to lend a helping hand. Whether it was landscaping our yard, hauling heavy furniture or just moving all our things, he was incredibly generous with his time and hard work.

On January 3, 2008, surrounded by family and friends, he passed away.
We will be celebrating Christmas with his mother, Tammy, and his sister, Livia this holiday season. This Christmas, please hug your loved ones. Tell them all what they mean to you. The greatest gifts in life are family and friends. When they are taken away from you, know that you were lucky and blessed to have known them. Bill and I are grateful to have known Stephen. Tammy and Livia, we love you. You mean the world to us. May God bless you with the love and kindness that you so richly deserve.





4 comments:

Keri said...

Stephen was an especially wonderful person. Remember those times he would bring over homemade cookies?! We continue to pray for Tammy and Livia.

The Wades said...

I'm so sorry. Sounds like a terrific person. What a nice tribute to him.

The Wades said...

I'm so sorry. Sounds like a terrific person. What a nice tribute to him.

Anonymous said...

I still miss Stephen so much. I never thought I would survive this long without him in my life. Thanks for the kind remarks.
Love, Rosalie